Record any bugs or issues you encounter! Make suggestions and tell the Humanities Commons team what you think of this platform.

Controlling Academic Interests

4 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Anonymous 5 years, 8 months ago
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive
    @

When I went to select my academic interests, I noticed the wide variety of terms that are used for the same/similar concepts. Seems like something that will need to be controlled before things get too scattered. A good example is “film”

I tried attaching an illustration, but I can’t figure out how to insert an image. Trying to insert a screenshot that I saved on my hard drive.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    @

Anonymous
    Inactive
    @

Moving to the HC Feedback and Feature Requests group.

Susana Aho
    @saho

OK! thanks for contributing on the HC group. We actually cleaned up a lot of the academic interests when we first moved to the HC platform (MLA Commons had existed for 3 years at that point so we had a lot of interests listed there). We wanted to leave it somewhat open to how people want to phrase them – but that is a good point and we’ll keep thinking about it.

When you say you tried to attach an illustration do you mean as a cover image or avatar on your profile? Or somewhere else on the profile? But I see when you attached a screenshot here it didn’t work either…will look into that.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    @

Excellent.

The difficulty I had was attaching a screenshot to my message. Maybe I can only insert images that are already online.

Right. I can add an image that is already online. Not as spontaneous as adding images directly from my hard drive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Only members can participate in this group's discussions.