1. Paul and the Citizen Body. WUNT II. Tübingen: Mohr-Siebeck, (2021; accepted).
2. 1 Clement. (2 vols.) Waco: Baylor University Press, (under contract).
1. “The Crown and Athletic Games in 2 Clement: Healing, Status, and Almsgiving.” Studia Patristica (2021; accepted).
2. “Creation, Gender, and Angels in Paul, Philo, and the Dead Sea Scrolls.” Open Theology 7 (2021): in press.
3. “Judith and the Elders of 1 Clement.” Open Theology 7 (2021): 60-68.
4. “Slavery and the Gendered Construction of Worship Veils in 1 Corinthians.” Biblica 101.3 (2020): 431-443.
5. “The Phoenix in 1 Clement.” Studia Patristica 93 (2017): 17-26.
6. “Gendered Activity and Jesus’s Saying Not to Worry.” Neotestamentica 50.1 (2016): 35-52.
7. “Rahab, Esther, and Judith as Models for Church Leadership in 1 Clement.” Journal of Early Christian History 5.2 (2015): 94-110.
8. “Crowns in 1 Thessalonians, Philippians, and 1 Corinthians.” Biblica 96.1 (2015): 67-84.
9. “Hellenistic Iconography and Imagery in Daniel 12:5-13.” Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha 19.2 (2009):127-145.
10. “Lot’s Wife in the Novels of Mary Anne Sadlier.” Postscripts 5.2 (2009): 155-174.
Chapters in Edited Volumes
1. “Wonder Woman and the Labors of Hercules.” In: Theology and the DC Universe, edited by Gabriel McKee and Roshan Abraham. Lanham: Lexington, (submitted).
2. “Veiling in Corinth.” In: A Gender Study: The Real Lives of Women and Men in the Bible, edited by Celina Durgin and Dru Johnson. Eugene: Cascade, (submitted).
3. “Paul, Nostra Aetate, and Irrevocable Gifts in Light of the Romans Plant Metaphor,” In: God’s Israel and the Israel of God – A Conversation on Pauline Supersessionism, edited by Michael F. Bird and Scot McKnight. Bellingham: Lexham, (2022; submitted).
4. “Robes of Transfiguration and Salvation in Early Christian Texts.” In: Dress in Mediterranean Antiquity, edited by Alicia Batten and Kelly Olson. London: Bloomsbury Academic, 2021.
5. “1-2 Clement.” In: Cambridge Companion to the Apostolic Fathers, edited by Michael F. Bird and Scott Harrower. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2021.
6. “The Clericus Cup.” In: Gods, Games, and Globalization: New Perspectives on Religion and Sports, edited by Rebecca Alpert and Arthur Remillard. Macon: Mercer University Press, 2019.
7. “The Spring as a Civilizing Mechanism in Daphnis and Chloe.” In: Cultural Crossroads in the Ancient Novel, edited by David Konstan, Marilia Pinheiro, and Bruce MacQueen. Berlin: De Gruyter, 2017. 123-142.
8. “Permanent and Temporary Ethnicity in the Esther Scroll.” In: Megilloth Studies, edited by Brad Embry. Sheffield: Sheffield Phoenix, 2016. 110-124.
9. “Reading the Corinthian Veils through Hijabs and Habits.” In: 1-2 Corinthians, edited by Yung-Suk Kim. Minneapolis: Fortress, 2013. 129-45.
1. Review of Elliott Rabin, The Biblical Hero (2020). Reading Religion (2021): https://readingreligion.org/books/biblical-hero.
2. Review of Runar Thorsteinsson, Jesus as Philosopher: The Moral Sage in the Synoptic Gospels. Review of Biblical Literature (2020): https://www.bookreviews.org/bookdetail.asp?TitleId=12491&CodePage=12491,4138,7733.
3. Review of Benjamin Edsall, The Reception of Paul and Early Christian Initiation. Review of Biblical Literature (2020): https://www.bookreviews.org/bookdetail.asp?TitleId=13038&CodePage=9854,13038.
4. Review of Michael G. Azar, Exegeting the Jews: The Early Reception of the Johannine “Jews.” Ancient Jew Review (2018): http://www.ancientjewreview.com/articles/2017/12/29/book-note-exegeting-the-jews-the-early-reception-of-the-johannine-jews.
5. Review of Jörg Rüpke, Pantheon. Reading Religion (2018): http://readingreligion.org/books/pantheon.
6. Review of Sarah Whittle, Covenant Renewal and the Consecration of the Gentiles in Romans. Review of Biblical Literature (2017): http://www.bookreviews.org.
7. Review of Joshua Jipp, Christ Is King: Paul’s Royal Theology. Syndicate (2017): https://syndicate.network/symposia/biblical-studies/christ-is-king/.
8. Review of Kristi Upson-Saia, Carly Daniel-Hughes, Alicia J. Batten (eds.), Dressing Judeans and Christians in Antiquity. Review of Biblical Literature (2016): http://www.bookreviews.org.
9. Review of Jeffrey A.D. Weima, 1-2 Thessalonians. Review of Biblical Literature (2016): http://www.bookreviews.org.
10. Review of Sandor Goodhart, The Prophetic Law: Essays in Judaism, Girardianism, Literary Studies, and the Ethical. Journal for the Academic Study of Religion 29 (2016): 118-119.
11. Review of Christopher G. Frechette, Christopher R. Matthews, Thomas D. Stegman (eds.), Biblical Essays in Honor of Daniel J. Harrington, SJ, and Richard J. Clifford, SJ: Opportunity for No Little Instruction. Review of Biblical Literature (2016): http://www.bookreviews.org.
12. Review of Helen Kraus, Gender Issues in Ancient and Reformation Translations of Genesis 1-4. Hebrew Studies 53 (2012): 375-377.
1. “Syro-Palestinian Art and Architecture.” EBSCO. (2016.)
2. “Book. III. New Testament.” In: Hans-Josef Klauck, et al. (eds.), Encyclopedia of Bible and its Reception 4. New York: De Gruyter, 2011.
1. Review of A Century of Women’s Votes (Cambridge 2020) for Religion & Politics. August 2020. https://religionandpolitics.org/2020/08/18/a-century-of-womens-suffrage/.
2. Animation on Roman naumachiae for TED-Ed. June 2019. https://ed.ted.com/lessons/how-the-romans-flooded-the-colosseum-for-sea-battles-janelle-peters.
3. Article on tea financing California suffragists for The Atlantic. September 2018. https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/09/how-tea-helped-women-sell-suffrage/571546/
4. Article on historical memory and statues for The Washington Post. January 2018. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2018/01/05/why-statues-dominated-in-2017/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.025abf485237
5. Article on the Olympics for The Atlantic. May 2017. https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/05/on-your-marks/528321/
6. Article on the Clericus Cup for Busted Halo. April 2017. https://bustedhalo.com/life-culture/vatican-soccer-tournament-youve-never-heard
7. Article on the Clericus Cup for Paste. April 2017. https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/04/football-in-the-vatican-the-clericus-cup-turns-10.html
8. Article on the Clericus Cup for Sport Digest. March 2017. http://thesportdigest.com/2017/03/the-clericus-cup-the-vaticans-soccer-tournament/
9. Article on historical accuracy, women, and Medieval Times for Bust. February 2017. https://bust.com/living/19068-medieval-women-women.html
10. Article on James 1:27 for Seminarium Blog. May 2015. http://seminariumblog.org/author/janelle-peters/
11. Article on Twitter and biblical studies for America. May 2014. https://www.americamagazine.org/faith/2014/05/13/go-tweet-it-mountain-praying-bible-twitterverse